These intermittent fasting methods are dependent on the individuals involved and so its simply a matter of choice.
The fact that there are different versions, means each can be applied for different situations.
Its all left for you to decide.
The first on our list is ..
- On the fasting days, men are to take just 600 calories.
- And women 500 calories.
- Was popularized by British journalist and doctor Michael Mosley .
2. Eat-Stop-Eat: Do a 24-hour fast, once or twice a week.
Like the title implies you just have to fast for 24 hours, maybe ones or twice.
- Popularized by fitness expert Brad Pilon.
3. The Warrior Diet: Fast during the day, eat a huge meal at night.
With this method all that is expected from you is that you eat raw vegetables and fruits in small amounts during the day and then finish up with a large at night.
- Popularized by fitness expert Ori Hofmekler.
4. The 16/8 Method: Fast for 16 hours each day.
This is the most popular among the different intermittent fasting methods.
With this you get to fast for 16 hours a day. In which you get to eat from 12 noon in the afternoon until 8pm when the eating window closes.
Within this eating window you are allowed to fit in up to 5 meals if you so choose.
- Known as the Leangains protocol, it was popularized by fitness expert Martin Berkhan.
And ther you have it, the 4 different intermittent fasting methods that are popular among those of us with need for IF.