Biography of Davido
It was to be expected that the biography of Davido would be next after the last post on the subject that was the biography of Wizkid.
- Birth name: David Adedeji Adeleke.
- Born: 21 November 1992 in Atlanta , Georgia , U.S.
The singer was born on November 21, 1992, to Chief Deji and Vero Adeleke in Atlanta ,Georgia . His father is a Nigerian business mogul while his late mother was a university lecturer, but he relocated back to Nigeria at a young age.
In the area of schooling, Davido attended the British International School in Lagos. Later went on to study Business Administration at Oakwood University before relocating to Nigeria.
Academically Davido was not the smartest out of the average bunch and so his journey through its walls was nothing to write home about.
It was during his time at Oakwood University that is love for music would become a force in his life.
A force that would lead him to purchase musical equipments and started making beats, in addition to recording vocal references.
He would later drop out from the university due to bad grades. After dropping out, Davido relocated to London where he finally dedicated his time on vocals rather than production.
He then returned to Nigeria in 2011 but would shelf his music dream due to his agreement with his father to go back to school.
An agreement that saw him enrolling at Babcock University. In July 2015, Davido earned a music degree from Babcock after his father paid the university to erect a music department for an inaugural class of one.
- Work on Davido’s debut studio album, Omo Baba Olowo, began in 2011. On May 7, 2011, Davido produced and released his first musical recording “Back When” which was a major hit.
- In early 2013, Davido began recording his second studio album. On February 25, 2013, he released ” Gobe ” as the upcoming album’s lead single.
- ” Skelewu “, the third single from the upcoming album, was released on August 13, 2013.
- The song peaked at number 1 on Afribiz’s Top 100 chart.
- A dance competition with a cash prize of $3000 (₦480,000) was announced days after the release of the song. Davido uploaded an instructional dance video onto YouTube and asked fans to upload videos of themselves dancing to “Skelewu”. On October 10, 2013, Davido declared Bello Moshood Abiola the winner of the competition.
- As a producer he has produced songs for Naeto C , Skales, Tiwa Savage and Sauce Kid.
- Along with his elder brother Adewale Adeleke, Davido is the co-owner of HKN Music (a record label home to Sina Rambo, B. Red and DeeKay).
- In April 2012, he signed an endorsement deal with MTN Nigeria .
- In January 2016, Davido announced via Twitter that he had signed a record deal with Sony Music . Which was also confirmed by the record label.
- In July 2016, Davido signed a record deal with Sony’s RCA Records.
- Few months after signing into Sony record label Davido would go on to start his own label, Davido Music Worldwide (DMW). Dremo and Mayorkun are signed to the label already.
So far so good, the biography of Davido is an interesting detailing of both the rise and the fall, the good and bad.
Like seriously this biography of Davido would seem incomplete without mention of his recent achievement at the BET Awards.
On June 24, 2018, Davido would became the first African-based artist to have received his award on the BET Awards main stage for the 2018 BET Awards: Best International Act category. His award was presented by Hollywood actor Omari Hardwick and actress Tika Sumpter.