Biography Of Yemi Alade
It is a pleasure to finally write about the biography of Yemi Alade.
She is currently among the few Nigerian female celebrities making constant headlines and hits in Nigeria.
I promise that this very post would be more worded than the biography of Charles Inojie that I recently just posted some hours ago.
Born Yemi Eberechi Alade on the 13th of March 1989 in Abia State. She was brought to public notice in 2009 when she won the Peak Talent Show.
She is a product of opposite cultures. With a father (James Alade) of Yoruba origins and a mother (Helen Uzoma) of Igbo origins, she is obviously what many would call yoruba-igbo girl.
She attended St Saviour British Primary School, then went on to Victory Grammar School in Lagos, before obtaining a degree in Geography at the University of Lagos.
She is the fifth out of the seven children in her family.
She was part of an all-girl group called Noty Spices, with which she made her musical debut in 2005.
She released her first single Fimisile under the Jus’ Kiddin’ label.
In 2012, she would be signed onto the music label, Effyzzie Music Group, where she released another single “Ghen Ghen Love“.
She released her debut album, King of Queens, on 2 October 2014, and5 then went on tour. And then released her second studio album, titled Mama Africa, in March 2016.
She has won two MTV African Music Awards in the Best Female category for the year 2015 and 2016.
Got nominated at the BET awards 2015 for the Best International Act: Africa.
- Nominated for Female Artist of the Year in 2014 at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards.
- Nominated for the Female Musician of the Year category at City People Entertainment Awards in 2014.
- In 2014 she also got nominated for the Best African Act category at MOBO Awards.
- In 2012 she got nominated for Female Artiste of the Year at the YEM Awards.
- While in 2013 she was nominated for Most Promising Female at the ELOY Awards.
Like I earlier said, the biography of Yemi Alade would be more worded and full of points to remember.