The Biography of Justin Bieber
I have decide to branch out a bit by posting on our blog, the celebrity biographies of Western Celebs or more broadly, every celebrity out there.
And first on that path is Justin Bieber.
There are alot of people who find him contagious and so would be curious to have some knowledge about his background.
No matter how little.
So who is Justin Bieber?
Not everyone is aware of the tiny fact that Justin Bieber is a Canadian.
Just like Drake.
He was born March 1, 1994. He is a Canadian singer, actor and songwriter
He goes by the middle name Drew . In other words, his name is Justin Drew Bieber.
He was discovered by a talent manager through his YouTube videos covering songs in 2008 and was signed to RBMG ( Raymond Braun Media Group (RBMG) , a joint venture between Braun and Usher).
He was discovered by a talent manager through his YouTube videos covering songs in 2008 and was consequently signed to RBMG, where he released his debut EP , My World , in late 2009.
When searching for videos of a different singer, Scooter Braun , a former marketing executive of So So Def Recordings, clicked on one of Bieber’s 2007 videos by accident.
Impressed, Braun tracked down the theatre that Bieber was performing in, located Bieber’s school, and finally contacted Mallette, who was reluctant because of Braun’s Judaism.
She remembered praying, “God, I gave him to you. You could send me a Christian man, a Christian label!”, and, “God, you don’t want this Jewish kid to be Justin’s man, do you?”
However, church elders convinced her to let Bieber go with Braun. At 13, Bieber went to Atlanta , Georgia, with Braun to record demo tapes. Bieber began singing for Usher one week later. (Source: Wikipedia).
He would later release his debut EP , My World , in late 2009. Which went on to reach platinum in the U.S.
He was born in London, Ontario, Canada at St Joseph’s Hospital, and was raised in Stratford, Ontario.
His parents were never married and he is their only child together.
His dad is known as Jeremy Jack Bieber while his mum, Patricia “Pattie” Mallette.
Through his dad, Bieber has two younger half-siblings, Jazmyn (born 2009) and Jaxon (born 2010).
His mother gave birth to him while as an underage and was able to raise him with the help of her mother, Diane, and stepfather, Bruce.
His mum worked a series of low-paying office jobs, raising Bieber as a single mother in low-income housing.
As a child Bieber attended a French-language immersion elementary school in Stratford, the Jeanne Sauvé Catholic School .
He graduated from high school in Stratford, Ontario, the St. Michael Catholic Secondary School in 2012 with a 4.0 GPA.
Growing up, he learned to play the piano, drums, guitar, and trumpet.
In early 2007, aged 12, Bieber sang Ne-Yo ‘s ” So Sick” for a local singing competition in Stratford and came second place.
And the video of the performance was posted on YouTube by Patricia Mallette (his mum) for both friends and family.
A traditional that would eventually reveal him to a larger audience and higher level of popularity. And eventually getting signed.
After getting in contact with Raymond Braun and Usher, he immediately became a choice target for others like Justin Timberlake who at that point also wanted to sign him.
It was Usher who finally made way for Justin Bieber to get a label home through his then manager Chris Hicks, who helped set up an audition with his contact L.A. Reid of The Island Def Jam Music Group .
It was L.A Reid that eventually signed Bieber to Island Records in October 2008 (resulting in a joint venture between RBMG and Island Records), appointing Hicks as executive Vice-President of Def Jam, where he could manage Bieber’s career at the label.
Hicks would later become Justin Bieber’s manager in 2008.
- Bieber performed Ron Miller and Bryan Wells’s “Someday at Christmas” for US President Barack Obama and first lady
Michelle Obama at the White House for
Christmas in Washington , which aired on December 20, 2009, on US television broadcaster TNT.
- In July 2010, it was reported that Bieber was the most searched for celebrity on the Internet.
- In September 2010, it was reported that Bieber accounted for three per cent of all traffic on Twitter, according to an employee of the social-networking site.
- Bieber guest-starred in the season premiere of the CBS crime drama CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, which aired on September 23, 2010.
- In 2012, he was awarded the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal.
- In June 2011, Bieber was ranked No. 2 on the Forbes list of Best-Paid Celebrities under 30.
- On March 7, 2013, Bieber fainted backstage at London’s O2 Arena after complaining of breathing problems throughout his performance and was taken to the hospital.
- Bieber’s first number-one single on the Billboard Hot 100 “What Do You Mean?” Made him the youngest male artist to debut at the top of that chart, earning him a Guinness World Record.
- Billboard Hot 100: Bieber is the first male artist in almost a decade to have three number-ones from an album since Justin Timberlake last did it with his album FutureSex/LoveSounds in 2006/2007.
As of July 7, 2018, Bieber is engaged to American model and television personality Hailey Baldwin.